Re: QR diesel tilt train design released.

Well using Australian coal would be much easier and cheaper due to
transport ease etc. And dont be selective. In electrics you maintain
catenary, in diesels you end up with more weight on the track for less
power. That is why the TGV and most tilt trains are electric - the extra
weight of the engine makes it heavier on tracks, and no diesel can generate
enough electricity for VFT purposes.
One of the proposals for Sydney - Canberra was a tilt train that had both
electric and diesel power. I think that should be considered as an option.
Solves the power problem.

Brendan

Ross (Goldie) Goldspink <goldicom@powerup.com.au> wrote in article
<388d82d3@grissom>...