Re: Hehe It got better!!

Michael Kurkowski wrote:

> With proper maintenance, there should be no problems. I hardly call a
> derailment a 'little' problem.

Hornsby was a 'little' derailment.  The train only went a few feet too far.

> Routing trains in the wrong direction is not
> a 'little' problem.

I went and had a look at Blacktown box the other day.  The operation of the
signal box is different to anywhere alse in NSW.  It is all on computer with a
trackball to set signals and points.  There are 21 21 inch monitors in the
signal box.  The wrong routing there occurred within a week of the box being
commissioned, and the staff were still getting used to the controls.  It
certainly wasn't life threatening or dangerous in any way, just inconvenient.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au