Re: Yet another Sydney derailment

I dont really want to push it, but speaking about someone can also be
defamatory. If it can be proven, a person can be charged with slander
(non-recorded defamatory action).
It's hard to keep toungues in check and a tricky area of law. For future
reference, even if what you say is true - be careful how you say it. The
press know this - even when the police get someone red handed and the arrest
is on tape, the presenters say the person "allegedly" committed the crime.

Brendan