Re: Curious Statistics

Brendan <nadnerb_2000@NOSPAM.com.au> wrote in message
01bf5e91$d5efe1c0$060e65cb@nobody">news:01bf5e91$d5efe1c0$060e65cb@nobody...
> Cow on track le hamburger yes. Derailment "extremely unlikely" . . . hmmm.
> Cows have big bones. And how did a cow get on the track? what else could?
>
> As a matter of fact I did do physics. Something traveeling fast with only
> couple of centimetres of flange doesnt need m
> uch of a hit to go off.
>
> I remind you that the bridge derailment happened after a train hit a car
> that had fallen off it. That could happen anywhere, wheter track is
> conventional or not.
>
> and that doesnt change the fact that Australia's track is highly
> conventional.
>
> Brendan.

Uh hum! need I remind you, [he he] young fella! Australia runs the longest
and heaviest ore trains in the World! and the World comes here to see how we
bloody well do it!
Our main lines are built to the standard required, and without any doubt, if
all the trucks were taken off the Hume Highway tomorrow, you would have a
Hammersley type Railway conecting Melbourne with Brisbane within 3 years,
and it would be fully paid for with the savings made [over road] within 5
years of first commencing opperation.
sorry mate I could not resist it
Rod ;o)