Re: [ Vic ] Veteran's on the G.V.Line

> Gee Rod, you might be right, but I'm not sure if the they're still
> worth $2.5mil. They sold the EL's for $500K.

Sometimes I wonder why I talk to you at all, your sarcastic tone reminds me
of a bully I once knew as a kid, but i have a gained a little respect for
him recently, at least he was "personal" never once did he hide.
What the hell does $500,000 have to do with it? Great Northern bought T
Class loco's for $500 didn't they?
A NEW "T"  would still cost $2 million plus! If I need spell it out for you,
my comparison was a NR at $3million or therabouts and a VT Commodore at
$40,000 or thereabouts. But I guess you are just a grumpy old man (like me,
I know some Dynon blokes read this page!)

> BTW, what was that I heard about the cracked frames on most of the
> "A"'s that mean that they will not be around for much longer - or was
> it just a "gunzel gram"?

THE C lass and the WA L Class and the S, B and 81 Classes have all suffered
some problems, but I am afraid that they can all be fixed, and have been.
Seems Wally Rail still insist that they can make a better Profit out of
their S and B Class Locos, than the Cost of Replacement Locos would be
offset by productivity gains. I have it on good advice, that they are
Financially able to finance new equipment, but prefer not too!

> No doubt the EH's were a great car, my second car was an HD - one of
> the last off the line. I don't know anyone who regreted selling their
> HD.
Nothing wrong with a HD Holden, like most people, I am sure you were swayed
by the Publicity!
Compared to the new AU Falcon range , and put to a popular vote, HD would
win by a country mile!
Ford Motor Company were accused by GM in Detroit of using the CIA in their
campaign to kill off the HD and allow the new Falcon a foot hold in
Australia...and it worked too!  ...only joking!

> Talking about cars, my son wants to by a Monaro, do any still exist?

Monaro's are very hard to get. A Car Owners Club comes to the Border each
year, and about 560 cars were here a few months back. They were very well
prepared, and I guess your son better have deep pockets, or a Dad that is
interested too. Good Luck!

Rod