Re: [ Vic ] Veteran's on the G.V.Line

> trying to run a railway at maximum efficiency.
>
> Would you like a 34 year old car as your main means of transportation?
>
> Les Brown
Gee Les!
              I used to own a 1964 EH Holden which I lovingly restored to
better than new at better than New costs I might add!
This car was definitely my preferred means of transport, and I regret ever
selling it!
              My point is that you are comparing a $2.5 million dollar
Diesel Locomotive to a mass produced piece of junk that General Motors or
Ford rely on , not to last more than ten years!
             Last night I operated X52 recently out of the Shops on new
bogies &  a very neat paint scheme, and it seemed to me to be in as good
condition as itwas in 1975 when I  drove it to Seymour. Locomotives are very
solid vehicles, and a combination of good maintenance [lacking] and throwing
a lot of dollars at it at exam time, should give a good economical return
for more than 30 years.
Rod.