Re: Rail rage

> > Why not lock the doors closed, place a big sticker over it to tell
people to
> > use the other doors, and then keep the train in service until it can be
> > fixed?

Funny thing about our customers, they are "Dumb and Dumber"
Some years ago when I operated trains on the Clifton Hill Group in
Melbourne, Management came up with an idea to keep trains in service when
power operated doors failed.
They used very large plastic tie clips to hold doors closed and placed a
very large notice on the window glass to inform our long suffering public,
that the doors would not be opened. The first time I operated such a train,
I had lost 7 minutes at Parliament Station, because they all stood there
trying to force the bloody doors open. At Clifton Hill, my patience was worn
very thin so I went back to see what the problem was [I thought the signs
might have fallen off!]. Two blokes were trying to force the door open, I
asked if they could read? They then looked around to see what I was talking
about. Then one proceeded to threaten me, as if it was my fault, he was
brain dead! Thank God for a Public Transit System, could you imagine these
Zombies behind the wheel of a car......Oh! Thats right, this is why I went
to the bush, isn't it?
Cheers
Rod