Re: Rail rage

Dave Proctor wrote:

> Railvic wrote in message <3875BD3F.2CA29A92@primus.com.au>...
> >Paul Dwerryhouse wrote:
> >
> >> [snip]
> >
> >> 9) The idiot who decided that trains with broken/open doors shouldn't be
> >>    allowed to move until fixed
> >
> >What's wrong with this?
>
> Why not lock the doors closed, place a big sticker over it to tell people to
> use the other doors, and then keep the train in service until it can be
> fixed?

Dave, just to reiterate what Paul wrote ... "... that trains with broken/open
doors shouldn't be allowed to move until fixed".  I don't disagree with what you
wrote.  However, my earlier reply was that nothing is done about the
"broken/open doors" (ie. no some kind of fix applied), therefore the train
shouldn't be moved until a "temporary" fix (such as a door insert) is applied.

> >I thought this is obvious and just in case you still don't get it Paul -
> safety of
> >our customers.  Think about it!
>
> Sure, safety of customers, but if it is possible to keep them safe *and*
> avoid inconveniencing them by cancelling trains, then you should do so.

See above.

Railvic