Re: Any suggestions for top 3 railways "things to do" in Sydney

Peter Mason wrote:

> My son (8) and I (we are from Melbourne) will be in Sydney for a three days
> toward the end of the month. We will be staying in Darling Harbour, but
> would like to do some railway oriented sightseeing.

At the very least you must ride the Sydney Light Rail line which runs
near where you are staying, to see just how far behind the rest of the
world Melbourne's tram designs are (though Melbourne will get some
modern trams like Sydney's soon).

After that, my priority would be a ride on the new underground line to
the airport (it's open now, isn't it?). And a scenic trip on the Blue
Mountains line of recent crash ill-fame.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand