Re: What's with cityrail?

 Alot of drivers have different methods as to when they should start
braking for certain stations. Alot of us find a landmark, such as a
bridge or a sign, or even a service station on the highway etc, we know
that once we past that point, we usually can judge how much braking we
need for that particular station. I find Pymble coming down from
Hornsby hard to stop at. Because its geographical location is hard to
judge (it is situated after a rather lengthy left hand bend and is
downhill), I usually coast down the hill at 80kph down the straight from
Turramurra and once I go under the last overhead road bridge on that
straight before the left hand curve, I usually apply 4 notches of brakes
and keep it there, and youll usually find that it brings you into Pymble
station nice and easy for a smooth stop. Now I was taught that
particular technique by my driver trainer, and being based at Penrith
depot, I was up and down the North Shore like a brides nightie. So,
every station is different, some are harder than others, and you just
learn that after even a few months on the road.
 You suspect our hours are quite long, well on average our hours are
about 7-8 hours long. We cannot work any longer than 8h33min, but due
to workplace agreements and stuff, that MAY change in the future, but
thats another story which Ill gladly keep out of.
 If you have any more questions, just reply.

--
CityRail driver, and big fan of HO and 5", 71/4" guage trains

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.