Re: Yet another Sydney derailment

> Where do I start :). An 8 car K set put the first bogie through
> the catch points
> at Hornsby on No 2 platform ( down Shore) Sydney End at around
> 6:10 pm this
> evening. The rumour circulating round Cityrail was he came in far
> too quick into
> the platform and misjudged it. The driver (Chris Priest) is well
> known with
> Cityrail inspectors, and I would not be suprised if he is sacked
> over this one.
> Yes it did cause a lot of problems I passed through on a down
> service to Berowra
> at 6:50 pm (which did go to Berowra).. All down shore services
> were sent across
> to No 1 platform. I passed there at 11 pm tonight, again,  and the
> car was re-
> railed, and subsequently in the sheds, but minor track repairs
> were being
> carried out.

As I was on the train that derailed. I didn't think he was going that
fast but he mis-judged his braking. The carraige jerked as it came to a
stop but apart from that no other indication.Everyone on board didn't
think anything was wrong until told to get off the train. I was in the
second carriage, it may have been different in the front.
As I was going over the foorbridge, a person in a guards uniform yelled
out "People like that shouldn't drive trains!" He looked really annoyed.
I'm glad I decided to catch the earlier train!!