Re: No Y2k Bug

It was Thu, 06 Jan 2000 23:21:18 -0500, and Joshua P. Hill
<XXjoshhill@mindspring.com> wrote in misc.transport.urban-transit:
| Beyond issues of reliabilty, what kind of designers wouldn't know that
| NT isn't designed or considered appropriate for real time or mission
| critical applications, and what does that say about the general state
| of their knowledge? This is very basic stuff!

This bias against NT seems to be vicious.  Mission Critical depends on
the mission, and failsafes can be built into every system.  I use
several NTs in my 'mission' and they run fine as long as someone
doesn't pull the power plug out of the wall.

All you have to do is build good failsafes around the computer and
even a TRS-80 could do mission critical work.

JL