Re: No Y2k Bug

David McLoughlin wrote:

> I thus sat on my computer connected to the Internet at midnight and
> right on the dot my computer's date rolled over to January 1 2000, the
> connection kept working, the lights stayed on, my mains-connected radio
> kept broadcasting (as did the TV), and so on. There was no problem at
> all, as I had believed.

1. A large number of computers, for your
information, don't run Windows.
2. There were known problems with some versions of
the Mac OS, Some
versions of SunOS, AIX, and some mainframe OSs.
One of my machines
here runs Linux (patched in October) and the
newsreader is having date
problems.
3. Some locations in the USA did lose power.
4. Parts of Africa are in the shit as we speak.

The fact that it didn't affect you doesn't mean it
wasn't there and a lot
of people worked very hard to avoid problems. I
know I did, but since my
problems were covered by warranty I for one didn't
make any money out of it.