Re: [NSW] New Airport link newsletter

In <IF_c4.1589$oF2.4540@ozemail.com.au> "trendy rechauffé" <trendy_rechauffe@start.com.au> writes:

>Andrew Honan <ahonan@zipworld.com.au> wrote in message
>387399b1.33072578@news.zipworld.com.au">news:387399b1.33072578@news.zipworld.com.au...
>> I thought the linmited stops East Hills train to Glenfield would go
>> via the airport (as opposed to Sydneham) while the all stations
>> (Turrella-East Hills)  still went thru' Sydneham.
>>
>> Andrew Honan

>That's what I initially thought too, but that wouldn't give them enought
>trains to operate the Airport link. I dought they would want the majority of
>trains on that line to be shuttles.

>Maybe someone in the railways might do some calculations and work out there
>aren't enough trains to run the new line and they will have to delay the
>opening until the 4gts (M sets) come into service!

Remember that the 'amplification' of the line from Turella to Kingsgrove was
supposed to have happened at the same time as the airport line was
constructed. This would give room for extra trains to operate as shuttles
to/from Kingsgrove (just like Hurstville does in the peaks), but of course
with the present arrangement the East Hills line will be *flooded* with
trains to provide a 10 minute peak service on the PAR (Pathetic Airport
Route).

Regards,

Craig.

--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport