Re: Train Order working in NSW

Barry Campbell <campblbm@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
u1Tl4.16651$3b6.68251@ozemail.com.au">news:u1Tl4.16651$3b6.68251@ozemail.com.au...

< snip>

> I have never seen them lockable both ways in the situations we are
> discussing here - only in the normal position.

Well obviously you've never been to Camurra
coming from Moree, Camurra is the next "interlocking".... it is here that
the line devides with the right hand route going to Crooble on the north
star line and the left hand route going to Garah on the Weemelah line

Anyway.... the point indicator can be in the "locking pawl is locked in and
the road is set for the main line" (or FPL locked or whatever it is sposed
to be called) position and the route set for either Garah or Crooble.

when aproaching the points from Weemelah or North Star [or Moree... which is
easily acheivable bacause the staff hut is next to the points] the train
crews are "to ensure points are set in the correct position before
proceeding (past the home signal/s there that are fixed at stop)" or
whatever that plate on the home stick says. meaning.... the fireman walks
ahead and checks the points and if required operates them.... with the key
on the end of the staff..... and interestingly both the Camurra-Garah and
Camurra-Crooble staffs can operate these points.

Al.