Re: (Vic) New Metcard Yearly Ticket

B61 wrote:

> In article <B4C9F519.1BD3%fshand@bigfoot.com>,
>   Francis Shand <fshand@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> I don't know why they changed them to a metcard cos the other pass was
> quicker and easier to use. I'm using last year's one until the day it
> expires. I've used the metcard just 3 times and it's already getting
> tatty in my wallet.
>
> > I recently got my new student yearly ticket - now in the form of a
> metcard.
> > It was however, simply a normal paper metcard. I don't understand how
> it is
> > expected to last for a whole year.
> >
> > Does anyone know what happened to the proximity cards that were
> supposed to
> > exist?

These tickets are not just paper, they have a layer of plastic emebedded in
them. If this ticket falls apart or becomes badly damadged, all you need to
do is take it back to where it was issued and they will replace it.
HOWEVER, if you have intentionally mutilated/damaged the ticket (yes we can
tell), it will cost you the $10.70 replacement fee.

The "Metcard Xpress" (proximity card) was extensively tested by onelink,
and found to be unreliable and too expensive. It has (AFAIK), been
abandoned.

Incidentaly, the plastic folders with your yearly tickets in them will
cause the thermal printing on the back of your metcard to fade.There are
new ticket wallets coming out soon.

Sam Eades