Re: (Vic) New Metcard Yearly Ticket

Sam Eades <eadess@yahoo.com> writes:
>B61 wrote:

>> In article <B4C9F519.1BD3%fshand@bigfoot.com>,
>>   Francis Shand <fshand@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>> I don't know why they changed them to a metcard cos the other pass was
>> quicker and easier to use. I'm using last year's one until the day it
>> expires. I've used the metcard just 3 times and it's already getting
>> tatty in my wallet.

>These tickets are not just paper, they have a layer of plastic emebedded in
>them. If this ticket falls apart or becomes badly damadged, all you need to
>do is take it back to where it was issued and they will replace it.
>HOWEVER, if you have intentionally mutilated/damaged the ticket (yes we can
>tell), it will cost you the $10.70 replacement fee.

Sam:

That's, umm, really damn kind of your employers. And who gets to decide if
you've 'intentionally mutilated/damaged the ticket'?

I am delighted to say I still have the old-style paper yearly ticket
(the one that doesn't go in the machine). Can you imagine the incredible
inconvenience that would be involved in trying to extricate a mangled
yearly Metcard (in my case worth $770) from a machine, trying to get
a replacement, explaining it to those wonderful 'Customer Service Officers'
(the blowflies, not the ones behind the counter) and so on? I'd much rather
keep it in my wallet, show it on demand and not run the risk.

The other reason I prefer my yearly is that I'm not at the mercy of MetCard
machines that don't work, that steal my money, or have a huge queue in front
of them. Having failed to buy a ticket through no fault of my own, I would
then be subject to 'Customer Service' at the destination, thus turning a trip
into a journey of the (lack of) imagination.

--
__________________________________      mjm@silas.cc.monash.edu.au
           Mike McBain           _)       +61 3 9905 2336