Re: (Vic) New Metcard Yearly Ticket

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:13:16 GMT, B61 <jamesfell@umpire.com> wrote:

>In article <B4C9F519.1BD3%fshand@bigfoot.com>,
>  Francis Shand <fshand@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>I don't know why they changed them to a metcard cos the other pass was
>quicker and easier to use. I'm using last year's one until the day it
>expires. I've used the metcard just 3 times and it's already getting
>tatty in my wallet.

If you leave an old credit card, phone card, etc, in the holder with
the ticket it will stop it getting bent. My monthly ticket gets fed
into at least 5 machines a day and sits in my pocket for an hour a day
(about 100 uses and 20 hours in a month). It is not damaged at all by
the time it expires. I think a yearly would survive if treated like
this.

I'd consider that treatment to be more care than what ought to be
necessary. It would be easy to wreck a ticket after one day. I'd
forget about trying to just stuff it in your wallet.

Peter Shute