Re: Fate of 85/86 class

As far as I'm aware, gaseous fuels such as LPG, LNG, and CNG, can only be
used in a "petrol" type engine - ie those with spark ignition.  Diesel
engines rely on compression alone to ignite the fuel.  Not sure about LNG as
being suitable for a "moderately-sized" transport vehicle.  The extra weight
of equipment needed to keep it liquid and cold may not be worth the bother.
CNG is only suitable for short runs (city buses).

An alternative (or extender) to diesel is a light vegetable oil.  As with
alchohol to extend or replace petrol, production cost is still too high.

Cheers
Michael

389EA9C2.49561C07@enet21.com.au">news:389EA9C2.49561C07@enet21.com.au...