Re: Tassie Garret & Penndennis Castle

Take a trip to the Powerhouse and see, It is a large  early 1800's steam engine from a coal?
mine in the UK. I believe it was purchased early in the 20th or late 19th century. At the
time the person who aquired it on behalf of the museum was criticised by some individuals
because it wasn't relevant to the museum and Australia. 100 years later people are thanking
him. As it is one of the few (or only) of its kind the poms would surely swap  half a dozen
GWR castles to get it back. But luckly for us the NSW govt. and the Power House will never
let it go.

Chris