Re: Tassie Garret & Penndennis Castle

My point is the Pendennis Castle is unique for Australia, we also have other unique
things like the only Me262 in original condition, the V2 rocket with trailer, and as
it was mentioned the beam engine at the powerhouse.
We would look a real fool if we handed these back!
It has been recorded that  the person who aquired the beam engine for the Museum of
Applied Arts & Sciences many years ago was criticised for purchasing it as it was
claimed that it wasn't relevant for a Australian museum.
If the poms were that upset about the Pendennis Castle in oz you would hear about it
through offical channels.
Why can't it be kept for example at the Power House where ordinary people can see
it. Many average aussies will never get the chance to travel overseas. It would be
better to let  a 6 year old aussie kid see it at the Powerhouse than let be in the
possession of a bunch of  "train nuts" in far off merry England

Chris