Re: All Aboard the Bondi Tram

Anita Lukaszyk wrote in message ...
>I couldn't agree with you more. I live in Penrith and the public transport
>is pretty shite...

Oh, I don't know - the Westbus service from Glenmore Park is adequate (could
be better though, particularly with regard to late night frequencies) and
the train service is better than that available in any other state capital
(in terms of frequency - NOT in terms of rolling stock).

I drive to the station anyway - the parking area on the northern side of
Penrith station holds over 1500 cars, and is NEVER full, even during the
day - I have driven in at 1100 or 1300 and there are still plenty of parks
available.

>I think the 'burbs would have a higher growth rate than Bondi, so maybe it
>would be wiser spending some of the $ for transport out here?

Agree there - they should subsidise the private companies to get them to run
unprofitable services. It is ridiculous that the last bus from Penrith to
Glenmore Park is at 2112 - this is a MAJOR housing estate, and there are
other services leaving Penrith to elsewhere up until 2355.

They should also subsidise the bus companies to get air-conditioned buses.
It is not a state secret that it gets hotter the further west that you go,
but there is not one single air-copnditioned bus allocated to Penrith
depot - Westbus instead allocate the air-conditioned buses to the Hills-City
services.

Dave