Re: [NSW] Tangara refurbishments

Dave Proctor <thadocta@spambait.dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
87r9tl$hhu$2@news1.mpx.com.au">news:87r9tl$hhu$2@news1.mpx.com.au...
> Hubert Lam wrote in message <87r8s2$gsm$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
> >Tulloch cars were from red rattlers, only repainted grey :-)
> >
> >Really makes me wonder why they only order 80 cars when knowing that
> they'll
> >be pulling out around 48 Tulloch cars...
>
> They do not want to make the same mistake they made with the Tangarbages -
> place a large order and be stuck with it. At least this way, they will be
> able to redesign the next batch and so on.
>
> Dave

If they make each batch too different, they're stuck with a bunch of orphans
like the C sets, not compatible with anything else. For a while, they made
them all 6 car sets instead of 4 and 8 as it was difficult to find another 4
car set for peak hour as they'd be all over the place. At least with T sets
another 4 cars can be picked up anywhere.

bye tr

trendy's trainpage:
www.geocities.com/trendy_rechauffe