Re: [NSW] Tangara refurbishments

By what you stated on your other posting re M sets replacing Tulloch & early
Com Eng cars I still doubt if there will be enough spare cars to allow the
withdrawal of T sets for refurbishment. I always thought it was a con job on
the part of City Rail that the M sets would be additional as I couldn't see
a logical solution to replacing all the Tulloch cars without reducing
overall set numbers as what becomes of the spare power cars. Other than
converting them to trailer cars (which has not been very unsuccessful with
other conversions) you now cannot knock up a batch of single trailer cars to
replace old trailer cars like happened in the past.  I note you say the
spare Com Eng power cars are to be scrapped.  Can any body be bothered
working out the maths of 56 Tulloch cars scrapped with usually 2 Tullochs
per 8 car set.  May mean a loss of 14 sets.  And how many M cars have been
ordered?

Cheers
Rod gayford

fgyn4.20375$3b6.86753@ozemail.com.au">news:fgyn4.20375$3b6.86753@ozemail.com.au...