[VIC] Operating museums (was: Tassie Garret & Penndennis Castle)

John Dennis wrote:

> Not designed to be an
> absolute museum line with high heritage values like our own Puffing
> Billy

Puffing Billy is not an operating museum. While they do a good job with the
locos and rolling stock, the rest of the line is closer to a 2ft6in gauge
version of the Melbourne suburban system. Puffing Billy is not even close to
representing a VR narrow gauge line. Just take a look at Belgrave station
and you'll know what I mean. As far as I'm concerned the best operating
museum in Victoria is the Central Highlands Tourist Railway at Daylesford.
The CHTR tries to do things as accurately as possible within their very
limited resources. The SRHC is the second best operating museum in Victoria
because they do most things accurately, apart from the nameplates. All other
societies are nothing more than tourist operators.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au