Re: Safety Slowdown

I think the speed restriction between Stanmore and Newtown is wrong. Its
more between Lewisham and Ashfield on the down main. It appears to be due to
the track potholing due to spongy water affected ballast. Some of the drops
are quite spectacular as I observed from an adjacent train a V set
proceeding over the affected sections of track.  It is quite surprising as
the whole of the line between Redfern and Strathfield was entirely replaced
not that long ago. The speed restriction has been on for a fair while. Why
don't they fix it.
Cheers
Rod Gayford

"Don Allitt" <nahgfa@zeta.org.au> wrote in message
389E6171.48DA9E19@zeta.org.au">news:389E6171.48DA9E19@zeta.org.au...
> Ah Yes, but they made a profit of some 84 millon dollars so thats
good,isn't it
> ?????
> Don.
>

> Lourie Smit wrote:
>
> > Today's Daily Telegarph has a half page article on speed restrici\tions
> > which are alledgedly in place at 257 sites across the NSW rail network
> > today, including a  40km/h limit on the new Olympic Park loop.
> > The speed-limited sites are listed in an official circular to all train
> > drivers obtained by the Daily Telegraph.
> > The Weekly Speed Notice for February 6 to 10 produced by the Rail Access
> > Corporation, includes restrictions which have been in place for a month
or
> > more.
> > Currently 127 km of track are under restriction, compared with 95 km
last
> > January and 59 km last July, mainly outside of the CityRail network, on
> > country tracks..
> > The following nine restrictions are listed in a table included in the
> > article:-
> > 1. Granville to Cabramatta. 50 km/h between Granville and Merrylands
(track
> > under observation).
> > 2. Granville to Cabramatta. 40 km/h between Guildford and Merrylands
(track
> > under observation).
> > 3. Carlingford Line. 20 km/h between Clyde and Rosehill (evaluating
signal
> > visibility).
> > 4. Olympic Park loop. 40 km/h (track under observation).
> > 5. Main west line. 40 km/h between Strathfield and Burwood (track under
> > observation).
> > 6. Bankstown line. 50 km/h between Belmore and Lakemba (track under
> > observation).
> > 7. Main West line. 30 km/h between Stanmore and Newtown (track under
> > observation).
> > 8. Illawarra line. 30 km/h between Tempe and Sydenham (track under
> > observation).
> > Main North line (to Broadmeadow). 70 km/h between Wyong and
Gosford(track