Re: [NSW] Tangara refurbishments

The Railway Rasputin II. wrote in message
<38A09CB4.E92D3EE2@fastlink.com.au>...
>What are you talking about?
>This has nothing to do with the context of what I was saying.
>The D cars were driving trailers not power cars.

I think he was referring to the removal of the cabs and the fitting of
additional seating.

Just out of interest, what would be the problems involved with converting
motors to trailers? The removal of the electrical equipment should be fairly
straight forward, and I cannot imagine there would be too much else that
could go wrong. They successfully converted 7 DDIU motors to trailers in the
early 80's and, although they are not as comfortable as the DIT's, there is
nothing wrong with them.

Dave