Re: [VIC] Hurstbridge line, working museum?

Tony Gatt wrote:

 Craig Haber wrote:

 > Clifton Hill was resignalled several years back.  Question - the down
 > departure signal on the "down" (I use inverted commas, because it is
 > signalled for 2 way operation, but is normally the down platform) is
one of
 > the older white painted posts, while all the others are newer
unpainted
 > posts.  When CH had boxed A and B and 2 pos signalling, was this
departure
 > signal in place?

 Yes, Post 40 was operated by levers 40 & 41.

 40 from No 2 to Epping.
 41 from No 2 to Heidelberg.

I believe this was the only post not replaced during the resignalling.

 > > until
 > > you arrive at Greensborough.
 >
 > > This is where things get interesting: the ritual of the signaller
 > > rushing out and giving the staff (which (s)he has just withdrawn
from
 > > the electric staff instrument ) to the driver. The driver the has
 > > permission to start travelling further back into time, with 2
position
 > > signals.

 > 2 pos colour lights.

 There is still a mechanical distant on the Up..

   --
 Thanks,

 Tony Gatt.

I would not like to pass the UP distant at line speed and stop at the UP
outer home!
There is considerably less than stopping distance between the two.

John McCallum