Re: [VIC] Hurstbridge line, working museum?

Craig Haber wrote:

> Clifton Hill was resignalled several years back.  Question - the down
> departure signal on the "down" (I use inverted commas, because it is
> signalled for 2 way operation, but is normally the down platform) is one of
> the older white painted posts, while all the others are newer unpainted
> posts.  When CH had boxed A and B and 2 pos signalling, was this departure
> signal in place?

Yes, Post 40 was operated by levers 40 & 41.

40 from No 2 to Epping.
41 from No 2 to Heidelberg.

> > standard (apart from the short section of single line at Rosanna,
> > operated under that curious safeworking system of "Yard limits")
>
> Heidelberg lost it's 2 pos semaphores maybe 5 years ago? except for the
> discs in the cutting at the up end facing down trains.  The mechanical frame
> is still in use (not for long), the siding was recently removed.

It was a long night.. do you have any idea how deep those concrete bases go on
bracket post signals (like the one in the carpark)?

> > until
> > you arrive at Greensborough.
>
> > This is where things get interesting: the ritual of the signaller
> > rushing out and giving the staff (which (s)he has just withdrawn from
> > the electric staff instrument ) to the driver. The driver the has
> > permission to start travelling further back into time, with 2 position
> > signals.
>
> 2 pos colour lights.

There is still a mechanical distant on the Up..

--
Thanks,

Tony Gatt.

  Never be afraid to try something new.