Re: Some interesting info from NRCs and ARTCs annual reports.

> From what I can see, NRC are doing most things  right, they are a
competetive
> low cost efficient operation, but are still unable to make a profit.
> The question is will a privatised NRC be able to do any better, I
>doubt it.
ATN turned a "impossible-profit-making" Tasrail into a profit making
company within months, Freight Victoria followed that success,I'm
optimistic with privatisation....given right
company choosen.

NRC offers a lot more advantage then most of the company....relatively
new rollingstock, large and profitable area coverage, its huge BHP
contract and possibility of attract new customers from trucks.

> Heres an  interesting question.
> If a Rail company is required to run an unprofitable train , ie a
train from
> Melb to Perth where there is no reverse loading back to Melb , should
it have
> the right to decline the traffic, and indeed should it decline the
traffic.

> MD
I think the answer is "NO", on the return the empty wagons can simply
combine with another service, or try to fill up the empty space by
lower the rates between Perth to Melbourne.

Cheers
James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.