Re: [VIC] Steamrail magnet (was: Photos: my A81 paint mod, three Rs at Ballarat)

On Fri, 04 Feb 2000 15:19:32 +1100, James Brook wrote, and I
selectively quote:

>I'm assuming that this is the photostop. It is good to see that the magnet
>was removed.

No, if I motorcade, I *rarely* line up at a photostop with the paying
passengers (exception on this tour was Meredith).   This shot was
taken as the train approached the stone bridge at Navigators.  As soon
as the train stopped, the kids and I left the bridge and went up the
line about 750m to get the restart of the train with the stone bridge
behind (I'll post those soon -- I need to download most of my own
pages as drive e: was corrupted in the great meltdown of '00 so that I
can edit them).

It's actually Paintshop at the photostop that removed the headboard.

Look, I'm not sure that this is a magnet:  ambling around Ballarat
East Depot I cursorily looked over the two Ts (a beautiful restoration
by SRV by the way - congrats guys) and I thought the Steamrail
"headboard" was a discreet blue and gold decal.  IIRC the magnet stuck
to the side of the T on the return from Kulwin was not discreet in any
sense of the word -- must check my archived video files to see if
they're the same magnet, but I suspect not.

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos

Reply to: steam4me@enternet.com.au

Web site is located at
http://www.railpage.org.au/steam4me
"1998 - The Victorian Year in Steam"
--  Now available - check website for dealers
 at http://www.railpage.org.au/smedia ---