Photos: my A81 paint mod, three Rs at Ballarat

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:30:09 +1000,  I wrote

>I think
>painting the anticlimber gold would improve the front-on appearance.
>
>When I get my graphics PC up and running again, I'll try "e-painting"
>the anticlimber gold and see what it looks like:

The computer's back up again as of last night, so I've taken my photo
of A81 located at
http://www.railpage.org.au/steam4me/images/diesel/cabs/fv_a81.jpg

and "painted" the anticlimber gold.  I think this vastly improves the
front end of the loco no end, adding definition to the whole bulldog
nose (and is closer to the VR gold colour scheme, still the most
elegant colour scheme ever applied to a diesel in Australia).

The Paintshopped loco is at
http://www.railpage.org.au/steam4me/images/diesel/cabs/fv_a81y.jpg

Also a couple of photos of the R700 transfer:
3 Ts and R700 at Navigators,
http://www.railpage.org.au/steam4me/images/diesel/hoods/tttr7001.jpg

and R700, R711, R766 side by side at WCR's Ballarat East Depot.
http://www.railpage.org.au/steam4me/images/steam/3amigos.jpg

I've checked the URLs so they *are* correct this time!

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos

Reply to: steam4me@enternet.com.au

Web site is located at
http://www.railpage.org.au/steam4me
"1998 - The Victorian Year in Steam"
--  Now available - check website for dealers
 at http://www.railpage.org.au/smedia ---