Re: 3526 anyone?

James Brook wrote in message <389A5467.9760548A@ozemail.com.au>...
>Dave Proctor wrote:
>
>> What is the point of
>> the NSWRTM
>> >preserving something that isn't a piece of NSW history?
>>
>> The same *could* be argued about Zig Zag Railway (although I won't).
>
>But the Zig Zag didn't have a choice when they started. Now that they are
>established it would cost to much to try and convert the line back to
standard
>gauge and replace all the rollingstock. The Zig Zag don't even claim to be
>museum. They are only a tourist railway. Even though they don't have NSW
>rollingstock, at least it is still Australian instead of British.

And it *could* be argued that other Australian museums do not have a choice
here, that they have to have Pendennis Castle because the alternatives are
to far gone to viably restore.

(I do not believe that mind you, just pointing out that a case *could* be
made. I think it should go back home as well).

Dave