Re: 3526 anyone?

chris@enet21.com.au wrote:

> I know this will start a long debate again, By why doesn't the RTM grab Pendennis
> Castle, its ideal for main line running and much cheaper to restore an maintain than the
> 57 or probably the 35. I bet sponsors would like it too.

The 35 or 57 is more historically appropriate for Australia. Why would you rather see a
foreign loco running instead of an Australian loco? What is the point of the NSWRTM
preserving something that isn't a piece of NSW history?

> After a week of letter writing to virtually every politican and major union in the
> country I reckon  Rio will give it away to any non-profit or public standard gauge
> museum in Australia.

If this happens the Pendennis Castle will either end up rusting away to nothing or one of
our own locos will rust away to nothing because of the limited resources here in Australia.
We can't become a global railway museum. We should concentrate on looking after our own
heritage, not Britain's heritage. Hopefully Rio Tinto won't take any notice of people like
you.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: