Re: Silly Pendennis Castle ideas

chris@enet21.com.au wrote:

> You might call my ideas "silly" but at least it is having a favourable response.
> My opinions seem to be getting  a  response from the "right people" My main
> gripe is the fact that its owner supports  a foreign museum but lets the local
> ones struggle. Wasn't it John Howard who said major corporations should be more
> socially responsible to Austrailians. I'm not stopping you from writting in
> support of Rio, - have you ever written to your local member?

<bashes head against a brick wall!>

PENDENNIS CASTLE IS A FOREIGN LOCO!!!!!!!!! (sorry about the shouting)

This locomotive has never been a part of Australian history apart from its tourist
operations in the Pilbara so it has no place in an Australian museum. The owner is
supporting the musem that is preserving GWR equipment. This is clearly one of the
best museums in the world for this locomotive to go to since it is one of the GWR's
most famous locos. Rio Tinto is doing what's best for the loco. Giving this loco to
an Australian museum will only put them in a worse position than they are in
already. Most Australian museums are struggling to look after what they already have
without another loco. I'm hoping there isn't enough of you to stop the export
because if you do, the Pendennis Castle will end up sitting in the back of a museum
as a forgotten relic of a foreign country.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au