Re: Phantom Bells

Dave Proctor wrote:

> I have been in with the driver on occasions when he (and I) have not heard
> the doors close (on R/S sets) - there was so much noise in an underground
> station he did not hear the air go to close them.

BTW it is probable the fact that you were in the cab talking or him
talking. I'm not having a go at you but these things can happen.
Also when the driver of the R/S set powered up, apart from the notches
of the master controller, did you hear any other sounds? If no did you
move? If yes what did they tell you?
Driver use sounds they hear or not hear to tell what is wrong with the
train. Doors open / close is an extention if that. I think almost every
driver has had the guard hit the bell by mistake and not moved.
If S sets had a warning light for every thing that can go wrong you
would need a bigger cab looking like a 747 cockpit.

Once again I am not having a go at you but am trying to explain the
situation.

rgds