Re: Phantom Bells

The Railway Rasputin II. wrote in message
<3897DB23.B32051F2@fastlink.com.au>...
>On G sets yes and they are being fitted to the rest of the fleet.
>The main part of commonsense says you don't go when the doors are open.

I have been in with the driver on occasions when he (and I) have not heard
the doors close (on R/S sets) - there was so much noise in an underground
station he did not hear the air go to close them.

But regardless of that, Craig said it was the media overstating the problem,
and I still submit that it has the potential to be quite serious.

You say that commonsense says you don't go when the doors are open, but
there have been a number of incidents where if things had gone properly, the
incidents would not have occurred - basic human error type incidents.

You cannot rule out the possibility that a driver would hear the bell and
start moving, even with the doors open.

Dave