K set doors (was Phantom Bells)

Speaking of door noises, on K sets, at the driver end on the driver cab
side, the doors make an extra loud 'hiss' (like air being sucked in) when
they close, and a few 'clicks' when they open. does it have anything to do
with a different kind of door equipment due to the large electrical cabinet
next to it?