Re: [VIC] R700 transfer

Craig Haber wrote:

> You must have been late (or early!).  There were nearly 40 in the diner on the down,
> and I think 30 on the up (even I managed to get in a meal there after the last
> photostop).  A few more passengers would have been nice, but at 40km/h it was such a
> slow trip that it was easy and attractive to motorcade.

I think the date of the trip was a bit off if you wanted to attract as many passengers
as possible. Next week there is a much more interesting trip to Echuca with S313. I'm
sure that I'm not the only one who can't afford to go on a tour every weekend so I think
many people would have done what I did. Book on what is clearly the better, although
more expensive trip and motorcade the R700 transfer. Late February or early March would
have been a much better time because there aren't any railfan trips. The only tours
during those weeks are the ones aimed at normal people. This would have also had the
added advantage of giving everybody a bit more time to think about the trip. Just out of
interest, could the tour have been run with wooden cars if it left Ballarat at 1700
instead of 1800? If it had wooden cars on it I would have booked just to have a ride in
them.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: