Re: Metro Light Rail, Sydney

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000 19:55:38 +1100, "Paul Jones"
<dj_wiseguy2@geocities.com> wrote:

>> Re the Explorer, it would be nice if Countrylink could install video
>screens
>> and play movies during the journey, with audio monitoring through
>walkmans.

Yes a good idea... I think thay could do a lot.
(The explorer to Canberra did have a phone but it would only take
credit or telstra cards and I couldn't operate my home link 1800
number, to let my wife know that the train was delayed)
I think they could really beat the airlines and buses with these sorts
of amenities. eg a club lounge, conference cubilcles with data and
voice connections, even sophisticated services such as video
conferences.
Problem is taht they do not attract the business community (will have
to wait for the TVG)

they could still offer high quality videos (DVD's) or dare I say it,
gaming machines

Andrew