Re: Sale - Hillside

David McLoughlin <davemcl@AXE*THISiprolink.co.nz> wrote in message
38935cbf@news.iprolink.co.nz">news:38935cbf@news.iprolink.co.nz...
> Notagunzel wrote:
> >
> > An SW circular arrived by heroic carrier pigeon yesterday, advising all
&
> > sundry of the introduction of Staff & Ticket working between Sale &
> > Hillside,
>
> Hahahahaha! And to think I eagerly opened this post thing Hillside
> Trains were already up for sale again!!!!!!
>
> David McLoughlin
> Auckland New Zealand

Which is why I decided to use 'East Gippsland log traffic' last time.  :)

I think I have sufficiently covered the working of the RTL on film and video
by now. Far more interesting to watch than I had thought possible - or am I
just easily entertained???

The Princes' Hwy level crossing at Stratford seems unable to detect the
direction of trains as the crossing signals remain operating while the train
is on the approach circuit for each direction. Great stuff!
The signals at Hobson St, Stratford seem to be flashing at twice the normal
rate too. Could be an attempt to draw attention to them. Well.....

The speed of the RTL trains had dropped again last week, to about 50km/h
(estimate). A half hour stop was made at Stratford station last week for
lunch at a local shop. The train had empties. Normally a quick stop to buy
lunch is made on one of the road based runs.
I hadn't been out that way today, so I hadn't seen if the train was T class
hauled today. I had heard that it would probably happen though.

Darren Hodges