Re: Alice to Darwin Railway > not looking so rosy.

Governments are cash cows. Private enterprise after buying up all the
governments assets know that they must give away our taxes to them (as there
are no government enterprises to run or many public servants to pay), and
hence the proliferation of schemes to help the government spend our money.

Usually the mates of team in power get most of it. If these mates get a big
enough cash pay out, they will build anything they can persuade the
government to subsidise,

Cheers
John Wayman