Derailment at Spencer St

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I just got back and have
over 20K posts to read in all of the groups I am subscribed to, so I have
not had time to see if it is already in aus.rail yet.

Yesterday (Sat 29/1) at 1040 at Spencer St, N461 had detached from its train
and had started to move forward at Platform 1 when the leading bogie
derailed. It was approx. where the third rail switches sides mid-platform.
The entire front bogie was completely off the rails.

The loco had been rerailed and removed by the time I got back from Geelong
at 1335, but fitters were still mucking around with the BG points at the
same location.

The platform was not used again until the arrival of the XPT at 1835.

Dave