Re: Alice to Darwin Railway > not looking so rosy.

> If this is to be a "Private Enterprise" line, how come
> there is so much good old tax payers money promised.?
> Keep in mind folks that ALL of "our governments" are
> flogging off tax payer owned assets to the private
> sector most of which are based overseas, because they
> are supposed to be more efficient and smart.!!!

Part of the reasons are the construction of this line will ensure
sufficient order from Whyalla's BHP plant, cut unemployments in NT and
SA, reduce the horrible and danger road trains, environmental issues
and,,,,of course , a pork barrel to ensure Librals impress voters in SA
and NT.

Cheers
James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/