Re: Connex

In article <yna36.37640$xW4.299568@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Daniel
Bowen <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> writes
>"David Bennetts" <davibenn@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
>KQ936.56$H21.5357@ozemail.com.au">news:KQ936.56$H21.5357@ozemail.com.au...
>> You'll also see from their website that they're a rubbish company (more
>> trendily known as waste management these days).
>> It would appear from their treatment of passengers in both Britain
I used to use Connex a lot in South London and always found them to be
good.   The, only a few weeks ago, I had cause to use them in *another*
part of South London.   Oh dear!   The difference was *incredible*.
Old rolling stock, cramped conditions and late running.

Ironically, the South Central franchise (the one that seemed good to me
on an almost daily basis over two years) is the one they've recently
been told they're to lose.   The c**p one they're holding onto for the
present.

Now, here of course, they can blame much on Railtrack (the also
privatised Track owner);  I'm not sure how that works in Melbourne,
though.   Has Victorian Railways/Vicrail/Whatever it's called this week
retained ownership and *operation* of the infrastructure or not?
If not, then I suspect that if Connex aren't already pointing the finger
of blame for any shortcomings in that direction, they soon will be.

> and
>> Melbourne that sometimes they forget whether it's passengers or waste
>> they're transporting
Yes, I had that feeling between London Victoria and Bromley.
(There's a plaque at Victoria Station unveiled by Mr. Cain, by the way.
How's that for a Pom attempt to keep on topic for aus.rail?!)

> (though I know some passengers aren't far above the
>> level of the latter)
There, too, eh?   :-(

>Notice they managed to misspell Britain.
:-((

> Typos must be a Connex trait -
>after misspelling numerous locations on the Melbourne site.
They won't beat South Yorkshire Passenger Transport in Barnsley (UK).
They had their logo on one of their divisional headquarters *upside
down* for four months before a nine year old went in and told them!

Happy New year to all in aus.rail from snowy Britain.
--
Ian Jelf        http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Birmingham, UK