Re: Connex

Dear all,

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but the rolling stock used by Connex in
England are leased from another company?  If this is correct, then it is
no wonder that that carriages are old.  For example, if you are renting
a house, you would not renovate the house for your landlord free of
charge?  Whereas in Melbourne, Connex owns the carriages and will
introduce new ones from 2002.  Perhaps the British Government needs to
examine the arrangement of their train franchise, in particular that
train operators do not own the rolling stock.

As for the comment on our customers, perhaps we should start a
television show called "Australian worst travelling customers" and for
those not work in this industry, I can assure you that it is very
"entertaining"!

To kick this idea off ...

A teenage girl complained to a station assistant that all Telstra public
payphones across the street don't take coins, only phonecards.  The
station assistant reminded her that this is a railway station and the
train operator has not branched out to telephone services in Australia.
She has been directed to make such a complaint to Telstra.  She walked
away from the booking office windows yelling with some very "colourful"
words ...

Railvic