Re: Connex

Ian Jelf wrote:

> Now, here of course, they can blame much on Railtrack (the also
> privatised Track owner);  I'm not sure how that works in Melbourne,
> though.   Has Victorian Railways/Vicrail/Whatever it's called this week
> retained ownership and *operation* of the infrastructure or not?
> If not, then I suspect that if Connex aren't already pointing the finger
> of blame for any shortcomings in that direction, they soon will be.

The infrastructure is owned by the Victorian Government, through its agencie
VicTrack Access, the maintenance of the infrastructure is the responsibility
of the Franchisee, in this case MTE (Melbourne Transport Enterprises),
operations are the responsibility of Connex, infrastructure and rollingstock
maintenance are the responsibility of Alstom.

Alan

--
At the age of nineteen and using my own resources I raised an army and
liberated the state from the tyranny of a faction.

Res Gestae Divi Augusti