Re: Official launch in Bendigo of restored Sydney tram R 1808

"David McLoughlin" <davemcl@NO***damned***SPAMiprolink.co.nz> wrote in
message 3a4d6b20@news.iprolink.co.nz">news:3a4d6b20@news.iprolink.co.nz...
> Daniel Bowen wrote:
> > PS. For the really fun part when the excrement hit the airconditioner,
check
> > this story, when the National Gallery denied Kennett could have thought
the
> > portrait was a gift:
> >
> > http://www.theage.com.au/news/20000301/A47187-2000Feb29.html
>
> I see from these that Jeff lives in Surrey Hills (two stations inbound
> from my old home suburb of Box Hill). Did he ever take the train to
> work?  He did, after all, have a station right under his office.

Yeah, right - and pigs might fly!

AFAIK, the only notable Victorian politician in the last few years to use
the train on a regular basis to get to work was Peter Spyker, who was
Transport Minister in the Kirner Government.

Ex-Deputy PM Tim Fischer was once pictured in The Age (I think in his
opposition days) catching a 19 tram to a party meeting in North Coburg.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au