Re: Wodonga gets boost in railway move deal

Maurie,
Brack's does not seem to believe F/A has ANY rights to the BG network, apart
from the right to pay acess charges.
Freight Australia, thought they had recieved sole access rights from the
Kennett Government, as part of the purchase price.
ALP legal advice is that Bracks can let ATN in, without compensating F/A.
If this still stands, F/A will not want the North East converted at all. B/G
is the only thing keeping ATN out of most of Victoria. The threat of ATN
operating a BG train in Victoria, is still keeping charges down. It is
interesting to note, that converting the BG in NE Victoria, will almost
certainly mean the rest of the State must follow, quickly. Apart from the
wharves, a lot of stuff still comes / goes to Geelong.
Rod

3a343dd3.15629818@can-news.tpg.com.au">news:3a343dd3.15629818@can-news.tpg.com.au...