Re: Quick quiz: Name that locomotive!

In article <3A3605C0.EBF32888@ozemail.com.au>,
  James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> I think it is inexcusable for a "definitive book" to miss out on a
loco
> like the TGR V class, especially when he includes fairly obscure locos
> such as the APM Whitcomb locos.

My point exactly. Interestingly, Mr Oberg does include in "Locos of
Aust" PVH1, later EBR No. 21.  This 0-8-0DH (the only one in
Australia), and still in service after 47 years, worked alongside No
22, formerly one of the two Mt Lyell Vulcan-Drewry locos (V class
replicas also built in 1953).  No 22 left Burnie a year ago and is now
back in Queenstown after 37 years, working on the Abt reconstruction.
The other ex Mt lyell loco is the one at the Zig Zag Railway.

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.